Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Yes, I am alive and well.

Hello Blogger,
it is very nice to meet you, it truly has been a long time...

So the answer is yes, I am alive and yes, I am well. After my nice vacation in Door County things ramped up fast! To sum it up briefly, this is my final year at UWM and along with that is coming a ton of responsibility and work. This is by far the hardest I have had to work on school (even with taking the minimum 12 credits to stay full-time!).
WORS finished off just the other weekend with the team taking first in both the points and participation category and I took 4th overall in my age class. My goal for this year was to get in the top three, but given the circumstances I am very pleased. At this point I am considering the upgrade to comp for next season.
Next on tap is the Iceman Cometh in Traverse City, MI this weekend. It looks like I'll leave Milwaukee late Thursday night and Hit the road with the team at 6:00AM on Friday. Then race on Saturday, possible cross on Sunday??? and head back to Green Bay and then Milwaukee.
I am both excited and nervous about the race this year - the temps will be much higher than last, but my training has not been as consistent as I originally planned. For the race I will hope to beat my time from last year and get inside the top 10 (5?). Is that do-able? I guess, we'll see!

-Andy

No comments: