Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Nice Day for a Ride

Today, in an attempt to keep on the bike, I got out for a beautiful 22.2 mile ride on Lake Dr and Lincoln Memorial Dr right off of Lake Michigan. The sun was out and shining, the wind was calm, and the temp was a little cool at 61, but that is perfect riding weather in my book. The legs are feeling really good. I think the break after Sheboygan was just enough to let my body recover. I am sure not having a strong head/side wind helped too, but I think it is mostly the recovery. For the ride itself I headed down Lake Dr to the lions and then back in towards the apartment, but I felt really good, so I headed in through the Lake Park entrance and cut down onto Lincoln Memorial Dr. That was probably the best move I have made yet. There was a bit of a wind from the lake, but otherwise the sun was shining bright and the view was awesome! So, I rode around a little bit and headed back home.

Hopefully, I can get another ride in on thursday too, the forcast looks a lot like today's and the week is looking to be a lot less stressful than last week. No Midterms and only One Paper due!

1 comment:

Hauser said...

Ride on, Wenzlick and I rode this morning with a start temp of 31.3 degrees...I can now feel my toes 4 hours later.