Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Getting There...

Yesterday was pretty rainy, and this morning the fog was pretty bad, but it got a little better this afternoon, so I thought I would get a ride in. Pretty straight forward normally right. Well today my tire seems to have shed some fibers which punctured my innertube, so I got that done using my spare. Now I have learned that it is ALWAYS a good idea to have that extra tube, so I headed down to one of the shops to pick up a couple tubes (for my pack and another spare for the apt). Apparently... Long stem tubes run more expensive than standard stem tubes. Two Dollars more to be exact! Expecting to pay $6 a tube I brought $14 with me. Well they guy at the shop told me that these long stem tubes are more $$$. Deciding not to argue, I pay the $8 for One 48mm Presta Valve Tube. And set out for the ride.
The fog from the morning decided to stay and the temp was a little chilly, especially near the lake, but still tolerable. I decided to head north on Lake Dr. again and try to do the Concordia loop again, with some 30/30 intervals on the way. On the way out everything was really nice and things went by pretty quickly. As I hit Mequon Rd. I was starting to feel my legs and decided to start back south. Suddenly, I realized why it was so nice and easy to get this far out... the wind was mostly to my back. I don't have wind altering powers so I just bit the bullet and finished my last few sets of intervals and made the best of what I had. Luckily I had plenty of food to get me back feeling good. As I hit Silver Spring Dr. I found my second wind and hammered back home.
Not a bad ride overall though, about 31 more miles bringing my cumulative total to about 100 for the last three rides. I think I am going to do a bit of a recovery ride Thursday afternoon and then on to Sheboygan for the Biggest Race of the Season!

No comments: