Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What's been going on

Time flies so fast - over the last 10 or so days there has been a lot happening. In fact this entire month has been busy.
Last week, I spent about a week up in Door County just relaxing and enjoying time away from work. Overall, the weather was good and the rain did not spoil many plans for the week. I was able to take Heather out for a mountain bike ride in Peninsula State Park and a few other trips around the area too. The only sad thing is that the week started just the same way as it finished... me driving (quickly) from Door County directly to work in Milwaukee.
The good thing about being back in Milwaukee is that I am back to getting a lot of riding in. Today, I trekked about an hour South to the Kettle Moraine Forest for some much needed time on the mountain bike. This was my first time out in the kettles and I must say the riding was great. There was a good mix of climbing, descents, and technical terrain throughout the park. I would recommend that anyone who has never been to the kettles gives it a try; it is not as close as the reforestation camp was in Green Bay, but the drive is well worth it!
This weekend, I have an even shorter trip planned to Franklin for some more WORS racing action!

No comments: