Saturday, July 17, 2010

Mid season check up (Whoops)

I figured I should at least get a quick post up to let everyone know that I am still alive...
I was going to put up an epic length recap, but after some thought on how long that will take to write (and to read) I will save the gory detail and give you all the abridged version. 
All the way back in May, I Graduated from the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee with a major in Management of Information Systems.  Literally right after graduation (about 5 hours later) I was on a plane to Florida to attend the annual convention for SAP (a huge software company).  The conference was a cool opportunity that I was nominated to attend by the University.  I found out that I was only 1 of 8 other students from the US to attend this conference, which was pretty cool!  After that I have been working full time in Milwaukee at a consulting firm that deals with SAP so that conference was a big help. 
More recently, I found a new place to live in Franklin (just southwest of Milwaukee) and will start moving in there next week.  I have been trying to fit riding into my new schedule and now I just need to get into a good rythym.  Racing comp this year has been a blast so far.  I am finding the races to be very demanding, but very fun at the same time.  Not that getting lapped by other riders is a good thing, but seeing the pros fly by on the trail is pretty cool.  It really is motivating me to step up my game and get faster.  The races I have done so far have shown me a big gap in my training this year was strength.  I don't have the power I had last year and that is starting to hurt me a little in the races.  My plan is to try and incorporate some strength and power specific training into my routine and use my newly free weekends to get in some quality long rides.  I think today I am going to head out to Crystal Ridge in Franklin to ride the race course and get some good hill repeats in. 
In the meantime I will try to start updating with race pictures and more of the exciting things to come.


-Andy

No comments: