Saturday, September 29, 2007

Back in De Pere

This weekend I headed home to run some errands, get my hair cut, to see my girlfriend (obviously), and to get in some training up on Scray's Hill.

I had no major goals other than doing some power intervals.
The first little bit is pretty easy rolling, winding through some houses and then a steady downhill towards the golf course. I started to notice early on that the wind was pretty strong, I think The Weather Channel was estimating 25 mph. Nice. Moving along pretty well I closed in on my second hill (substantially bigger than the last). Suddenly I wanted to be on the golf course instead of climbing this thing (In the distance).
At first climbing this thing was a beast, but as I neared the top, I was quite impressed with my self. (Especially looking back down from the top.
Thus concludes... my warm up. After a little over 6 miles in I headed over towards Hwy X and Sportsman road to do a few power laps among the giants themselves.

After the about the fourth lap I was out of food and the wind was getting old so I headed back in. Not too bad of a day though, I logged another 32 Miles keeping an average of about 17 mph.
Now onto school and a little recovery.

No comments: