Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The End of the Off Season

If is has not been obvious, I decided to take a little hiatus from the blog and most things cycling. Eating the food I know I shouldn't, taking time to sleep (yeah right...) and having a lot of extra time... Well at least I was eating what I shouldn't have and not riding for a few weeks. The off season was good for the most part though. The extra time from riding and training was quickly eaten up by school work and the like and I found myself busier than ever. Right now I am in the final stretch of the Fall semester and seeing the end of a mountain of non-stop work. With that end nearing and so much time off, I am ready to get back on the saddle for some indoor training. Most days my legs feel like they are just dying to spin and lift weights for hours on end.
Once the semester is officially done, the plan is to seek out the help of a professional nutritionist and a personal trainer. Depending on what they have to say the tentative plan is to get in the pool and lift weights a few times each week and also spend plenty of time on the spin bike too. The 2009 season hopes to be the biggest for me yet, hopefully adding in some road races, crits, and plenty of mountain bike racing. There may also be a new steed in line from one of the teams newest and oldest sponsors.
It may just look a little like this.

In other news, the snow is falling and Christmas is definitely in the air. Tomorrow night, I head back to Green Bay to see a little Christmas music performed by none other than the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. If you haven't been to one of their concerts, I highly recommend it. The show is great for all, young and old. And the special effects are like nothing else I have ever seen in a single show.
Now, off to get some more work done so I can prepare for 2009 riding for the Titletown Flyers presented by Extreme Photography and Specialized!

No comments: