Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Exams and Winter

Only three days, four exams, and two assignments separate me from the end of the semester and a month of so of time off to hopefully get in a ton of training. My day today has been spent in front of the computer working on typing code for a project due tonight and a little of that time was spent studying for my two exams tomorrow. (I love this time of the year...) But really, after tomorrow, the end of the semester is ever closer and some good time away from school and work is ahead. Things on the training front are still in slow motion, but that is quickly changing. Thursday, I am heading to our athletic center to get in with a personal trainer and soon thereafter a nutritionist. This last weekend I had Heather bring down the old XC Skis. They need a lot of work, some new boots and possibly new bindings, but I think they will offer a great opportunity to get outside and get active. (Not that I hate training indoors) I have also been giving thought to trying out rollers instead of my Fluid2 Trainer. The problem with the trainer is that is is big and noisy, two serious flaws when living in a small apartment. I figure rollers will be smaller, quieter, and will offer something a little different as far as indoor riding goes. So here is where I ask everyone who reads this... If you have a set of rollers I could try that would be awesome. Maybe a little temporary trade (my Fluid2 for your rollers).
In the meantime the season will likely begin with some good core weights and cardio in the gym. That is if these exams will ever be finished.

1 comment:

Hauser said...

Amen to getting back in shape! I am hoping we will see you for the New Years Day ride! Take care Andy!