Saturday, May 3, 2008

Iola.?

Yes, believe it or not, it is time for the first race of the WORS season; the Iola Bump and Jump. Besides the cool name, Iola is one of my more favorite courses. Usually, I am busy working or just plain lazy and miss this first race of the season, but this year I am doing it. I guess we shall see how I do tomorrow. I have low mileage on the road and zero mileage on the Mountain Bike. Yes, gasp, I have absolutely zero miles on the mountain bike. As I was driving to Green Bay tonight, the thought in my mind was 'can I even remember how to ride my bike, let alone ride it in single track and up big hills?' So thus sets the scene for a long night and a very interesting day tomorrow. I am hoping that all of the other guys either A. don't show up or B. have not put many miles in either... In the 19-24 age class, that is highly unlikely. Especially because they are mostly collegiate roadies. You know, the guy I am supposed to be. But for real, I am a little nervous about tomorrow, but it should be exciting. Like I said, I love the Iola course and can't wait to get back on the bike again. Tomorrow will be what I like to call a "training race."
Now, it is off to bed and trying to actually get some rest before the race tomorrow.

No comments: