Friday, May 30, 2008

Better News Today

As I mentioned in my last entry, I went to see the doctor yesterday for some testing, and today for the results and a follow up. Yesterday I had an EKG and a Spirometry to test my heart and lung functions. The tests went surprisingly quick, I did have to hang around for about an hour between the two, but the actual tests were very short.
Today I went back in for a follow up, and to hear my doctor's interpretation of the test results. Prognosis #1: I have been dead for two weeks... (Yes, this is what he told me. Next he asked if I wanted an open or closed casket.) After the sarcasm we got down to business. The EKG and Spirometry showed my heart and lungs are functioning within a normal range for people of my height, weight, age ect...
Given that my heart and lungs are functioning properly, I am getting the right balance of nutrition, and I don't have anything like mono; the doctor said that I can resume training. Next we talked seriously about improving my fitness level. The biggest things we touched on were getting a nutritionist, a trainer, and working out some long term goals for where I want to be in the next two years.
So with the go-ahead from the doctor, I am good to start my training program at... let's say 9:00 AM tomorrow morning. Unfortunately no go for the race this weekend since I have to work both Saturday and Sunday.

No comments: